Policies, Terms & Conditions
A minimum deposit of 50% of the contract amount is due before research and development begins for all projects under $5000.00. A minimum deposit of 35% is due for all projects over $5000.00 and additional payments will be submitted according to the payment schedule outlined in the web site development contract. 100% of the total contract amount is due before the project:
- “goes live” on the Internet (web sites),
- final digital files are submitted to the client (graphics or logo design), or
- the final high resolution file(s) are submitted to the client and/or printer (print marketing materials).
Web Site Maintenance/Updates
- 100% of the invoice amount is due before site maintenance begins for all projects less than $50.
- A minimum deposit of 50% of the invoice amount is due before site maintenance begins for all projects $50 or more. The remaining 50% is due within 24 hours of completion. 100% payment of the invoice amount is also accepted for all projects $50 or more.
NOTE: Hourly rates and monthly flat rates are available for web sites that require regular maintenance. Contact us for more information or to develop a site maintenance schedule.
Basic maintenance or updates for a web site will take between 2-3 business days to complete from the day the request was submitted and all content needed to complete the updates are received.
Basic updates include:
- Changes to text, images or basic graphics
- Updates that do not require major programming
- Changes that do not require an overall to the graphic design or layout of a web site
All requests submitted after 12 noon EST will put into the project queue/list for the following business day.
NOTE: If complex or major updates are required, the estimated time of completion and cost will be determined once the specifications are received.
Same Day Requests
All updates that are requested for completion on the same day the request is submitted and all content is received, will incur a $50 rush fee. Same day requests must be received by 12 noon EST during business hours and only apply to basic updates (please see definition of basic updates listed above). If an emergency technical situation occurs that severely impacts the functionality and accessibility of the web site (i.e. web site crash, glitch in functionality, or server error) a rush fee will not be required.
Changes and Delays Policy
The terms of all proposals and contracts are limited to the defined project scope. Changes to the scope or failure to submit content within the agreed upon development schedule, will cause delays and may be subject to additional charges.
All past due invoices will incur a 10% late fee the day after the invoice due date. Non-payment of invoices will result in deactivation of web hosting services, deactivation of the web site, or a delay in receiving any files associated with the corresponding project.
NOTE: All policies may be subject to change as deemed necessary by Sirius Web Solutions. Clients with active projects during policy changes will adhere to the policies that were in place when their respective projects began.