Our talented team provides needs assessments, digital scanning, digital archive training, document management training, and IT consultation to assist museums, libraries, art galleries, and other organizations that archive and maintain historical items. We also assist with the management of various types of paper-based documents and images, photograph and digitize 3D objects, develop an effective digital archive management process for our clients. The items that can be digitized and input into a digital archive management system include but are not limited to: paper-based documents and images, photographs, 3D objects, and multi-media items (i.e. audio and video).
Through our 4 step process we are able to provide top quality service to our clients:
- Assessment – Our assessment process provides information that enables you to manage your documents, artifacts and other exhibit items in a more productive and efficient manner.
- Develop a Process – The resulting report from our assessment will outline the steps, strategies, and technology recommended to effectively manage and maintain a digital archive.
- Digitize – We specialize in producing archival digital master files embedded with required metadata that will allow your archive to be searched with various keywords.
- Manage – Once your digital archive management system is up and running we can assist with the management and maintained processes or train your staff/team accordingly.
Benefits of Digital Archiving
- Provide a searchable, interactive database of archived documents, images, and multi-media files that can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere in the world. It can be a valuable resource for historians, professors, students, and others that desire to conduct research.
- Access to the digital archive can serve as a fundraising mechanism by requesting donations to have access to all or certain items in the database.
- Feature certain items or collections on a rotating schedule from your digital archive.
- In the event of natural disaster or the normal aging of archived materials, it will be preserved in digital format.
- In the event of loss, damage, or theft, the digitized images can serve as official proof for insurance claims purposes.
Our assessment process provides information that enables you to manage your documents, artifacts and other exhibit items in a more productive and efficient manner. The resulting report from our assessment will outline the steps, strategies, and technology recommended to effective manage and maintain archival documents and digitized items.
- Detailed advice on the future upkeep of archived materials
- Detailed research which provides explanatory evidence in the process of information retrieval
- Confidentiality regarding archival information and research material
- Rendering tailored service to fit individual client needs
We specialize in producing archival digital master files embedded with required metadata that will allow your archive to be searched with various keywords. We can digitize your collection including 3D objects, framed artwork, jewelry, prints & drawings, glass plates, manuscripts, textiles or illustrations from delicate and rare volumes. Digitization training is available to those who have a staff or assigned personnel to handle the digitization process in-house.
- High resolution scanning of photographs, original artwork and manuscripts
- Digital photography of artifacts, artwork and 3D objects
- Digital image restoration and preservation
- Digital photo galleries
- Archival digital printing
- Document scanning
- OCR scanning (editable text extraction from documents)
- Digitization training and workshops
We offer various software solutions for document management, based on our initial assessment and IT consultation. These tools can be customized and configured to develop an effective document management and digital archiving process.
- Technical assessment of existing computer systems and/or networks
- Recommendations of software and/or hardware needed for the digital archive management solution(s)
- Installation and configuration of the digital archive management system
- Technical support via e-mail and phone (in-person if required)
- Web site design and web hosting for those that do not have a web site and/or web hosting capabilities
Once your digital archive management system is up and running it will need to be managed and maintained to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- Manage and maintain document management system for those that need a technical support team
- Provide training to those that will manage and maintain their own digital archive management system